Sports Injuries in Waxahachie, Corsicana & Ennis, TX
Get Back In the Game With Our Award-Winning Podiatrists
Sports injuries are one of the most common reasons that patients see the foot specialist at Family Foot & Ankle Centers. Since the feet and ankles are the foundation for almost all sports, this is not surprising.
No matter how hard you try, injuries will occur, but many are preventable if certain precautions are taken. If you find yourself with a sports injury, we have 3 convenient locations in Waxahachie, Corsicana & Ennis, TX, so you can get back in the game!
What Are Some Common Sports Injuries?
- Ankle or foot Sprains- Injuries to ligaments and tendon can cause fibers to become torn.
- Ankle or foot Fractures- A break in one of the supporting the bones in the foot or ankle. These require a visit to our foot specialists.
- Plantar fasciitis or other types of heel pain–This is a form of overuse injury where the ligament that supports the bottom of the foot becomes strained and inflamed
- Ingrown toenails–Toenails become damaged from improper fitting shoes putting pressure on the sides of the nails
- Ball of your foot pain–This can be due to too much pressure on the bones under the ball of the foot, which is called metatarsalgia. It can also be from a fracture or a pinched nerve called a neuroma.
- Calluses and/or blisters–This is one of the most common sports injuries seen. Pressure points on your foot should be padded before activities.
- Achilles tendonitis–This is a common injury that many times can be avoided with proper stretching.
How to Prevent Sports Injuries
From simple to complicated sports injuries, we treat athletes of all ages and levels, helping them recover from foot and ankle issues that include:
- Warm up slowly before exercising and take the time to cool down afterwards.
- Stretch before, during and after the activity to reduces the risk of injury.
- Wear appropriate shoes for the activity. Whether it is a running shoe, a cleat, or a sneaker, it needs to have adequate support and stability.
- Don’t overdo it and cause an overuse injury. This is a major cause of injuries as tendons and ligaments do not get a chance to recover between workouts.
Diagnosing Your Injury
We will begin by obtaining a detailed history of your problem and then perform a comprehensive foot and ankle exam. Advanced diagnostic imaging tests such as on-site digital x-rays and MRI, may be used to help diagnose your sports injury. Together, your foot specialists and you will develop a treatment plan unique to your specific needs. When at all possible, we postpone surgery in favor of non-surgical treatments that range from rest to orthotic inserts to physical therapy.
Experience Our Award-Winning Care for Sports Injuries in Waxahachie, Corsicana & Ennis, TX Today!
Schedule an appointment today by calling us at 972-597-4132 or by clicking here to use our convenient online form. We offer same-day appointments and have bilingual Spanish-speaking professionals on staff for your convenience. During your appointment, our team will be happy to answer all your questions about our treatments, our office, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us! Call today – we can’t wait to help you live your life pain-free!
As the premier podiatry centers in Waxahachie, Corsicana and Ennis, TX, our foot doctors and team at Family Foot & Ankle Centers also provide 5-star podiatry care to patients in our surrounding areas. We proudly serve patients in Navarro and Ellis counties and surrounding areas including Corsicana, Mexia, Ennis, Waxahachie, Midlothian, Desoto, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, Duncanville, Arlington and Mansfield. The Foot Specialists at Family Foot & Ankle Centers are improving lives one foot at a time.