Fixing Ingrown Toenails Painlessly & Permanently since 1999!
Your Ingrown Toenail Specialists In Corsicana
Is your big toe sore and red around one side of the nail? Did you research your symptoms and decide that you might have an ingrown toenail? You probably have an ingrown toenail.
While some ingrown toenails resolve themselves or require little treatment, there are times when one can go from an annoying sore spot to a serious, even life-threatening infection. Many people with an ingrown toenail in Corsicana, TX, have turned to our award-winning podiatrists at Family Foot & Ankle Centers. In fact, our office has fixed more than 10,000 ingrown toenails since 1999!
Signs of an Ingrown Toenail
The main symptom of an ingrown toenail is the pain from the nail growing into the skin instead of over it. If the ingrown toenail gets infected, it might be swollen or red, and it might drain pus. The area around the ingrown toenail is often painful.
- Always trim the toenail straight across and never cut it into the corners.
- Trim your toenails every 6-8 weeks; do not overgrow them.
- You should consider seeing our podiatrists for trimming your toenails professionally if you have difficulty trimming your toenails.
- Patients with underlying vascular disease and diabetes are always advised to see our podiatrists for toenail trimming.
- Avoid tight shoes that put pressure on the toes. Also, avoid narrow toed shoes.
- Maintain hygiene of your feet, which includes keeping them dry and clean. Change your shoes and socks daily.
- Avoid tight fitting socks that squeeze the toes together.dd
- If you have to work in hazardous conditions, protect your toes with steel-toe boots.
Why You Should Seek Help For Your Ingrown Toenail Immediately
If you have noticed any of the signs listed above, even if there is no pain yet, we highly recommend that you come in to be evaluated. As is the nature of a toenail, it may continue to grow, possibly embedding itself further into your toe. When this happens, your risk of complications increases, including an infection that can travel from the toe to the surrounding bone. A bone infection is very serious and can cause extreme illness and even death.
If you are diabetic, the risk of infection is higher due to the possibility of poor circulation in your feet. We urge you to check daily for any swelling or redness around your toenails as neuropathy may prevent you from feeling pain or discomfort.
Experience Our Award-Winning Care for an Ingrown Toenail in Corsicana, TX, Today!
Don’t let someone learn how to remove an ingrown on your toe. It doesn’t have to hurt, come see us. Schedule an appointment today by calling us at 903-872-9910 or by clicking here to use our convenient online form. We also offer same-day appointments and have bilingual Spanish-speaking professionals on staff. During your appointment, our team will be happy to answer all your questions about our treatments, our office, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us! Call today – we can’t wait to help you live your life pain-free!
As one of the premier podiatry centers in Corsicana, TX, our doctors and team at Family Foot & Ankle Centers also provide 5-star podiatry care to patients from Waxahachie, Ennis & Mexia, TX, and surrounding areas.