Foot & Ankle Surgery in Waxahachie, TX
Waxahachie Podiatrists Offer 5-Star-Rated Foot & Ankle Surgery
Surgery is sometimes the best way to correct a foot problem and get you back to doing the things that you love as quickly as possible. Surgery can even prevent further damage from happening.
Often, foot surgery is recommended as a last resort, but when you need foot & ankle surgery in Waxahachie, TX, turn to our award-winning foot specialists at Family Foot & Ankle Centers.
Since 1999, we’ve diagnosed and treated thousands of patients with foot and ankle problems and conditions, and helped them get back on their feet – and back to living an active, pain-free lifestyle.
If you’ve suffered an injury to your ankle and experience pain, swelling, redness, or bruising, you may have broken a bone. Dr. Petty is a highly trained and experienced specialist for broken ankle surgery in Waxahachie. During your initial examination, he can help ascertain whether your injury is an ankle sprain or an ankle fracture. If you injured yourself seriously and are experiencing pain, you may need surgery to correct your broken ankle.
Total Ankle Replacement
In some cases, total ankle replacement surgery may be required. Ankle replacement surgery involves replacing damaged bones or cartilage in the ankle joint. Prosthetics are used to replace the damaged parts and get your ankle back to feeling normal again. Total ankle replacement may be necessary if you have arthritis or an injury and conservative treatments haven’t worked. if surgery is necessary, we can help you by performing a professional and effective procedure at your convenience.
Foot Surgery In Waxahachie
Our expert podiatrists are also highly experienced in surgeries for the feet. We have performed surgeries for the following foot conditions:
- Bunions– You may need bunion surgery if you have severe pain in shoes that is not releived with conservative treatments. The goal of bunion surgery is to relieve pain, remove the “bump”, and straighten the big toe. There are several different surgical procedures that are used to correct bunions. The type of surgical procedure performed depends on the severity of the bunion and your activity level. Your bunion surgery might be performed in the office or the hospital outpatient facility.
- Bone spurs– Bone spurs can usually be removed through small incisions, depending on the location of the spur. Spurs located in the ankle are normally removed using arthroscopic surgery through 2 small incisions.
- Diabetic foot care– Surgery is sometimes required to help heal a diabetic foot ulcer. Wound grafts can be beneficial in healing these wounds in a timely manner.
- Flat feet– The correction of flat feet can be a relatively simple procedure or may require a more complex reconstructive surgery at the hospital outpatient facility.
- Feet fractures–Breaks in the bone may need to be realigned. This is normally done on an outpatient basis and may involve screws or plates to realign the fracture.
- Hammertoes–Curled toes can be straightened in the office or a day surgery at the hospital.
- Heel spur– A spur on the back or bottom of the heel can be removed if painful. This is normally done on an outpatient basis day surgery.
- Toenail fungus–A relatively easy procedure to remove the nail permanently or to allow the nail to regrow without fungus.
Where Do You Do Surgery?
Your Waxahachie foot doctors do many of our surgeries in the office. This is convenient, efficient and less expensive for patients. Outpatient procedures are performed at Baylor Scott and White Medical Center in Waxahachie.
Experience Our Award-Winning Foot & Ankle Surgery in Waxahachie, TX, Today!
To learn more about our 5-star-rated podiatry care, schedule an appointment today by calling us at 972-597-4132 or by clicking here to use our convenient online form. For your convenience, we offer same-day appointments and have bilingual Spanish-speaking professionals on staff. During your appointment, our team will be happy to answer all your questions about our treatments, our office, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us! Call today – we can’t wait to help you live your life pain-free!
As one of the premier podiatry centers in Waxahachie, TX, our doctors and team at Family Foot & Ankle Centers also provide 5-star podiatry care to patients from Corsicana, Ennis & Mexia, TX, and surrounding areas.