Flat Foot Care in Waxahachie, Corsicana & Ennis, TX
Get Back to Living a Pain-Free Life with Award-Winning Podiatric Care
Are you one of the many people who have flat feet or fallen arches? Does your child have flat feet? If so, you’re in the right place. Family Foot & Ankle Centers offer award-winning flat foot care in Waxahachie, Corsicana & Ennis, TX.
Did you know all babies are born with flat feet? As a baby grows and begins to walk, their arch typically rises as the muscles in the feet develop. However, in about 20% of the population, their arch never rises. If you have flat feet, your arch remains close to the ground because your tendons are looser than they are in someone without flat feet.
Types of Flat Feet
There are two main types of flat feet: congenital and acquired. Congenital flat feet are present since birth and typically don’t cause a lot of symptoms, while acquired flat feet or fallen arches typically cause pain and discomfort as the ankle starts to sag inward.
Symptoms of Flat Feet
Many people with flat feet never experience symptoms. However, if you have flat feet and do experience symptoms, they may include:
Tired or achy feet after you stand or play sports
- Tired or achy feet after you stand or play sports
- Pain in your lower back, hips and your lower legs– as a flat foot is a poor shock absorber, the other joints from the back down have to help absorb the shock
- Pain in your arches- the ligament that supports your arch, the plantar fascial ligament, can become stretched and strained
- Pain in your ankles- flat feet do not absorb shock very well. This puts a lot of pressure on the ankle and can lead to aching and painful ankles
No one should have to live with flat foot pain, and at Family Foot & Ankle Centers, we’ve helped thousands of people get back to living a pain-free life. Some common treatments for flat feet include:
- Foot and ankle stretches–it is important to keep the calf muscles limber to allow the foot to remain flexible
- Icing painful areas
- Prescription anti-inflammatory medicine–this can help reduce pain and inflammation
- Custom orthotics- these shoe inserts are made to support your flat feet and and shock absorption while supporting arches
- Supportive bracing or taping
- In severe cases, surgery may be required–newer surgical procedures have greatly improved the treatment of flat feet.
Experience Our Award-Winning Flat Feet Care in Waxahachie, Corsicana & Ennis, TX Today!
To receive help with flat feet for yourself or a loved one, schedule an appointment today by calling us at 972-597-4132 or by clicking here to use our convenient online form. We offer same-day appointments and have bilingual Spanish-speaking professionals on staff for your convenience.
During your appointment, our team will be happy to answer all your questions about our treatments, our office, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us! Call today – we can’t wait to help you live your life pain-free!
As the premier podiatry centers in Waxahachie, Corsicana and Ennis, TX, our foot doctors and team at Family Foot & Ankle Centers also provide 5-star podiatry care to patients in our surrounding areas. We proudly serve patients in Navarro and Ellis counties and surrounding areas including Corsicana, Mexia, Ennis, Waxahachie, Midlothian, Desoto, Cedar Hill, Lancaster, Duncanville, Arlington and Mansfield. The Foot Specialists at Family Foot & Ankle Centers are improving lives one foot at a time.