Diabetic Foot Care in Waxahachie, Corsicana & Ennis, TX
Get 5-Star-Rated Diabetic Foot Care
Over 18 million Americans are affected by diabetes and many suffer from complications related to this disease. Our award-winning podiatrists and their team at Family Foot and Ankle Centers offer our patients the most advanced diabetic foot care in Waxahachie, Corsicana & Ennis, TX. Our goal is to restore you to a pain-free, mobile life while providing the most advanced diabetic foot care available anywhere.
Since 1999, our 5-star-rated foot doctors have helped over 50,000 patients like you with their foot and ankle conditions. Patients of Family Foot & Ankle Centers enjoy advanced diabetic treatment technology, compassionate care, and state-of-the-art treatment options for their diabetic foot conditions.
Let Our Podiatrists Keep You On Your Feet
If you have diabetes, taking care of your feet becomes extremely important. A seemingly small problem can quickly become a big problem when you’re diabetic. This is because you may not be able to feel if your foot is injured or you have a problem. For diabetic foot care, we highly recommend that you get checked at least 3-4 times every year to make sure your feet are in good condition. Having your feet checked this often enables us to really get to know you, your condition, and your feet, which allows us to be able to diagnose any problems that may arise much earlier.
Diabetes is a disease that affects the entire body and successful management requires a team approach. Our podiatrists are an integral part of your treatment team and has documented success in preventing amputations:
- More than 100,000 lower legs are amputated each year from diabetes complications.
- After an amputation, the chance of another amputation within five years is as high as 50 percent.
- Including a podiatrist in your diabetes care can reduce the risk of lower limb amputation up to 85 percent and lowers the risk of hospitalization by 24 percent.
Diabetes Foot Care Tips:
- Inspect your feet every day for cuts, bruises, sores, or changes in the skin.
- Wear seamless socks and change them daily
- Keep active and walking to increase circulation to the feet.
- Buy shoes at the end of the day when feet are the largest. Have new shoes properly measured and fitted. Wear the shoes indoors for the first week and check your feet for signs of rubbing or blisters.
- Avoid barefoot walking, even indoors.
- Never try to remove calluses, corns, or warts by yourself and avoid corn pads with medication in them. These can lead to infection and a diabetic wound.
- See the podiatrists at Family Foot & Ankle Centers if you notice any changes in your feet. The keys to diabetes amputation prevention are early recognition and regular foot screenings performed by a podiatrist.
Experience Our Award-Winning Diabetic Foot Care in Waxahachie, Corsicana & Ennis, TX Today!
Schedule an appointment today for your foot evaluation by calling us at 972-597-4132 or by clicking here to use our convenient online form. We also offer some same-day appointments and have bilingual Spanish-speaking professionals on staff. During your appointment, our team will be happy to answer all your questions about our treatments, our office, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us! Call today – we can’t wait to help you live your life pain-free!
As one of the premier podiatry centers in Waxahachie, TX, our doctors and team at Family Foot & Ankle Centers also provide 5-star podiatry care to patients from Corsicana, Ennis & Mexia, TX, and surrounding areas.