Diabetic Foot Care in Corsicana, TX
The Diabetic Foot Specialists in Corsicana You Can Trust
Our award-winning podiatrists and exceptional team offer our patients the most advanced diabetic foot care in Corsicana, TX. Our goal is to restore you to a pain-free, mobile life while providing the most aesthetic results possible.
Since 1999, our 5-star-rated foot and ankle doctors have helped more than 50,000 patients like you with their foot and ankle conditions. Patients of Family Foot & Ankle Centers enjoy advanced treatment technology, compassionate care, and state-of-the-art treatment options for their diabetic foot conditions.
Tips For Healthy Diabetic Feet
- Keep feet clean daily by washing them with antibacterial soap and warm water. Dry the feet well, especially between the toes.
- When washing your feet, check for cuts or scrapes, blisters or any redness or color changes in the skin of the feet.
- Change your socks and shoes daily. Alternate shoes every other day to allow the leather uppers to completely dry out.
- Avoid barefoot walking, even in the house. A pair of soft lined house slippers will help cushion and protect the feet.
- Have our Corsicana podiatrist staff trim your toenails. If you must trim your own, cut them straight across and do not dig into the corners. Use disinfected nail nippers each trimming.
- Check with our podiatrists to see if you are eligible for diabetic shoes. They have really improved over the past few years and have new models that even include boots!
- Keep your feet and legs moving to stimulate blood flow to the feet. Walk, walk, walk. If you are sitting, wiggle your feet.
- Keep blood sugar levels low. Higher levels cause more damage to the nerves in the feet.
When You Should Call Our Foot Doctors
- If you have tingling, shooting pains or burning in your feet.
- You have swelling in your legs or pain in your calves when walking.
- Breaks in the skin or new lesions.
- A change in the shape of foot is noticed.
- Toenails that are growing thick or discolored. Let our foot specialist team trim those nails.
Experience Our Award-Winning Diabetic Foot Care in Corsicana, TX, Today!
Schedule an appointment today by calling us at 903-872-9910 or by clicking here to use our convenient online form. We also offer some same-day appointments and have bilingual Spanish-speaking professionals on staff. During your appointment, our team will be happy to answer all your questions about our treatments, our office, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us! Call today – we can’t wait to help you live your life pain-free!
Since 1999, Dr. Jeffrey Petty has provided 5 star podiatry care in Corsicana, TX. Dr. Fernando Cruz and Dr. Silpa Joy also see patients at the Corsicana location. We treat all foot problems and specialize in heel pain, ingrown toenails, fractures, and sprains. Treating patients in Navarro county and surrounding areas such as Ennis, Blooming Grove, Kerens, Mexia, and Fairfield. As the premier podiatry center in Corsicana, TX, our foot doctors and team will get you pain free and back to doing the things you love!