Relief From Painful Bunions in Corsicana, TX
5-Star-Rated Podiatry Care Provides Relief From Painful Bunions
A bunion is a bony bump at the base of the big toe. Some people are more likely to develop bunions, and the condition can be exacerbated by wearing the wrong types of shoes, which is especially true if you’re a woman. Luckily, this condition is very common and somewhat easy to treat, so if you’re seeking exceptional care – and relief – from bunions in Corsicana, TX, Family Foot & Ankle Centers can help you get better!
The main symptoms of bunions are stiffness in the joint, pain, swelling and occasionally redness at the joint.
Treating Your Bunions
Our goal is to get your feet back to doing the activities you love as quickly as possible. Some of our foot doctor’s recommended treatments for bunions include:
- Resting your feet- This relieves pressure from the joint and is the most basic of treatments.
- Custom orthotics- A custom orthotic insert is helps to minimize the pressure from the bunion joint.
- Wearing correct shoes- Shoes with a wide toe box help to reduce friction on the bunion bump. Soft leather also helps to accomodate the deformity and breathes well.
- Icing- Icing the area 20 minutes every few hours can give temporary pain and swelling relief.
- NSAIDs- Prescription anti-inflammatory medication can reduce pain and inflammation.
- Cortisone injections- Decreases inflammation and often improves motion at the joint
- Surgical treatment- On occasion, surgery is the best option to fix a bunion deformity. The foot doctors at Family Foot & Ankle Centers are trained in all aspects and techniques of bunion surgery.
Of course, it’s always best to develop a custom treatment plan for your bunions based on your unique situation and needs from one of our foot specialists. It’s important that our podiatrists at Family Foot & Ankle Centers take the time to get to know your feet and your unique condition so that we can come up with the best possible treatment plan together.
Experience Our Award-Winning Treatment for Bunions in Corsicana, TX, Today!
Schedule an appointment today by calling us at 903-872-9910 or by clicking here to use our convenient online form. We also offer some same-day appointments and have bilingual Spanish-speaking professionals on staff. During your appointment, our team will be happy to answer all your questions about our treatments, our office, our flexible payment options, and anything else you may want to know about us! Call today – our foot specialists are improving lives, one foot at a time.
As the premier podiatry center in Corsicana, TX, our foot doctors and team at Family Foot & Ankle Centers also provide 5-star podiatry care to patients from Waxahachie, Ennis & Mexia, TX, and surrounding areas.